Kubernetes cert-manager

Hi there!
Is somebody already trying to add deSEC support to cert-manager so that it can be used for letsencrypt dns challenges in kubernetes?

Yours
Nils

2 Likes

Hi Nils,

Thanks for your post, and welcome to deSEC! :slight_smile:

As far as I can tell, nobody has started working on adding support to cert-manager. However, that would be greatly appreciated (and frankly, I’ve been hoping that someone would bring it up!).

We are currently focusing on our GUI and some additional security features w.r.t. to account management, and haven’t had the time to get started with cert-manager ourselves. However, I’ve you’d like to take a stab at it, we’re very happy to help you out with any questions etc. Just let us know!

Stay secure,
Peter

Hi,

I’m reviving this old thread to let you know I have a cert-manager webhook for deSEC working. It can be found at https://github.com/kmorning/cert-manager-webhook-desec. Feel free to submit any issues over at my github if you run into any.

1 Like

Hi, its been a while so I thought I’d check-in - I can’t currently get this fork working @kmorning. I’ve submitted one Issue and fix, although I suspect that there might be more.

Any news?
I am using TrueNAS Scale + TrueCharts, they started to heavily rely on cert-manager. They fully support CloudFlare, but I would like to stick with deSEC :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

Hi,

i also had problems, so created my own one.

works on my arm64 cluster. I pushed running images to hub.docker.io for amd64, arm and arm64.