Setting up a https record

Okay really I would have loved to use an alias record for a new domain. My real concern is just having an “A record” for email deliverability but I am guessing that the HTTPS record should work.

But it doesn’t seem to be working. What am I missing. Do I need to put anything into Service?

Hi nsumner,

Thank you for your message, and welcome to deSEC :slight_smile:

Email is delivered to the server listed in a domain’s MX record, so you’ll have to create that one. The MX hostname then needs to have an A record.

Stay secure,
Peter

Technically, the MX resource record is optional (if not present, it is treated as if it would contain only a single entry that contains the fully qualitied host name and therefore follows its A/AAAA/CNAME record), but in practice you’d want one as you have more control about your email server(s).

And because many recipients (T-Online e.g.) reject e-mails if the sender does not have an MX record.

In case you are planning to send e-mails from your domain that should not be classified as spam, you should also take care of setting up an SPF record (a TXT resource record of type v=spf1) as well as adding your own MX record.