NIC.it CNAMEHostTest Failed changing nameservers

Hello, I am trying to transfer an .it domain bought with Netsons from Cloudflare to deSEC.

I transferred all the DNS records to desec thanks to the GUI and changed the Nameservers from the Netsons website. Now it says that “The nameservers for the domain DOMAIN.it are currently being verified.

The problem is that my configuration is not accepted by NIC, the Italian registrar. If I go on https://dns-check.nic.it/, enter my domain name and ns1.desec.io., ns2.desec.org. as nameservers, the CNAMEHostTest fails because “get.desec.io is a CNAME”

If I click the magnifying glass on top of the text i get this trace:

;; - HEADER - opcode: QUERY, status: NOERROR, id: 62455
;; flags: qr rd ra ; qd: 1 an: 2 au: 0 ad: 0 
;; QUESTIONS:
;;	get.desec.io., type = A, class = IN

;; ANSWERS:
get.desec.io.		2537	IN	CNAME	desec.io.
desec.io.		900	IN	A	88.99.64.5

;; Message size: 60 bytes

Now, is there a possibility of transferring the domain?

If I suppose correctly the error is because in the SOA records of my domain asking desec ns there is get.desec.io as a CNAME record?

Hi bortox,

Thank you for your message, and welcome to deSEC! :slight_smile:

There is nothing wrong with the SOA MNAME field to contain a hostname that has a CNAME record. It looks like NIC.it is doing a misguided check here.

Anyway, we got rid of the CNAME, and you should be able to proceed. (Depending on caching at NIC.it, you may have to wait for an hour or so.)

Stay secure,
Peter

Thanks, so quick and kind!

NIC.it now shows the check as succeded and Netsons finally saved the ns changes!