Non existent DS record and no query results

I moved my DNS over about a month ago and had DNS query’s working. Added my DS records to my registrar and now I find I am getting incomplete query results from DNS for my domain. I do get the @ result and nothing else when I use any online DNS check. DNSSEC analyzer says everything is fine but DNSViz shows two DS records, one that is valid and one that goes nowhere.

Not getting any helpful search results so I am posting in here.

Thanks in advance for any assistance.
John

Hi John,

Thanks for your message, and welcome to deSEC! :slight_smile:

It’s not possible to help you without looking at the configuration. What’s your domain name?

Stay secure,
Peter

Hi Peter, and thanks for the assist.

The domain name is peritus-x.tech

Regards
John

First, those are for tech, not for peritus-x.tech, so if that were a problem, it would not be a problem of your domain, but of your TLD.

But, second, it’s not a problem – additional DS records like this one don’t hurt. (There are even valid use cases: some registries use them for stand-by keys in case they want to be able to change DNSSEC signing hardware quickly.)

So, the setup looks correct.

You will have to provide more details about what you’re getting and what you’re expecting.

Stay secure,
Peter

Thank you Peter,

The remaining issue lays with O365 and email.
I have my records in the zone file but the O365 admin center says they are missing.

Regards
John

There are indeed no MX or TXT records at peritus-x.tech.

Please double-check your configuration (especially that the subname is empty).

Stay secure,
Peter

Thank you!!!

Regards
John