Unable to create ds record for root

Hi.
I have some problem creating my ds record for my root domain. I got a error message :

DS RRset cannot have empty subname.

Is there anyway to add ds record on my root domain?
thanks.

Hi,

adding DS records with empty subname is forbidden in DNSSEC as it is unclear what the meaning of it should be. Please tell us what you want to do so we can pinpoint the problem. :slight_smile:

Best,
Nils

1 Like

Hi Narutotee,

Some extra information: DS records have to go to the parent domain. They create the cryptographic link between the parent and the child domain in the DNS hierarchy. For example, when you buy the domain example.com, you will have to forward your DS records to the .com registry (through your domain provider). This will cause DNSSEC to be enabled for your domain, with the correct cryptographic keys.

Your domain is narutotee.dedyn.io, so the parent is dedyn.io. This parent domain is managed automatically by deSEC, and we do the DS record setup automatically. So you don’t have to do anything for direct children domains of dedyn.io.

Stay secure,
Peter

Hi,
if you need to add NS recroad on example.com,not subdomain.example.com,you still need to add ds recroad on example.com,but system do not support

Hi,

This is not correct. Even when you add extra NS records, their DS records still go into the parent zone. (In case of example.com, they go to the example subdomain of the com zone.)

Stay secure,
Peter