Verifying domain with Mailchimp

Hello

I recently built a new website for a client and moved them over to Layershift hosting. Layershift said I would need to set up the DNS Zone myself and sent me a link to deSEC - this is all a bit new to me (I am a designer, not a techie) and I have run into a bit of bother.

My client’s website is all up and running at legacyantiques.co.uk which is great.

Only problem we are having is trying to redo the Mailchimp domain verification. They are asking for a few records in the DNS zone, as shown below:

CNAME Records
k2._domainkey.legacyantiques.co.uk dkim2.mcsv.net
k3._domainkey.legacyantiques.co.uk dkim3.mcsv.net

TXT Records
_dmarc v=DMARC1; p=none;

I have done these but when I look at CNAME propagation using WhatsMyDNS.net there are no CNAME records shown.

https://www.whatsmydns.net/#CNAME/legacyantiques.co.uk

Is this normal? Should I just wait longer for this to propagate?

You have these setup:
k2._domainkey.legacyantiques.co.uk.legacyantiques.co.uk. 3276 IN CNAME dkim2.mcsv.net.
k3._domainkey.legacyantiques.co.uk.legacyantiques.co.uk. 3276 IN CNAME dkim3.mcsv.net.

What you probably want is:
k2._domainkey.legacyantiques.co.uk. 3276 IN CNAME dkim2.mcsv.net.
k3._domainkey.legacyantiques.co.uk. 3276 IN CNAME dkim3.mcsv.net.

So in the field named Subname only enter k2._domainkey, k3._domainkey respectively.

The _dmarc record seems to be ok (if slightly different than what you wrote above):
_dmarc.legacyantiques.co.uk. 3276 IN TXT “v=DMARC1;p=none;sp=none;”

HTH
fiwswe

1 Like

Thanks for the reply. I don’t understand where the second “.legacyantiques.co.uk” bit is coming from… you can see my settings in the attached image.

Oh sorry - I just understood what you mentioned about the subname bits. I will try that. Thanks so much!

1 Like